Paperwork you'll need for a loan approval.View Checklist
Interactive calendar shows your loan process.Try It Now
What's The Best Loan
Find out which program works best for you.Find A Loan
With purchase, refinance and rate lock videos.Click For More
Interactive Mortgage Calculators & Videos
Your Guide To The Mortgage Process
Applying for a home mortgage is one of the biggest and most important financial step you will take in your lifetime.
While the mortgage loan process can seem complex, we want to ensure you feel fully educated as you move through this process.
Download the Mortgage Guide on this page to learn about:
- What To Expect During The Loan Process
- Out-Of-Pocket Expenses
- Borrower Expectaions
- Information For Insurance Agents
- Financial Details
- Pre-Qualification Documents
- Information For Your REALTOR
Feel free to call me directly at 763-691-0202 or Contact Me Online.
Mortgage Application Guide
Our goal is to obtain a speedy approval. The more thorough you are in preparing your paperwork, the faster we can move together on getting your loan approved and funded.
Income / Assets:
- W2's - From the last two years
- 1040 Federal Tax Returns - From the last two years
- Two Recent Paystubs
- Two Recent Bankstatements - All pages
- Self-Employed: K1 / 1099 / Profit and Loss YTD
- Copy of your drivers license or state ID
- Current and previous addresses for the previous 2 years
- Leasing: Name and phone number of landlord(s)
- Investor: Copy of lease agreements on rental properties
- Copy of driverâ€™s license
- Copy of Social Security card for all borrowers
There may also be required documents if you have had a shortsale, foreclosure, bankruptcy or other circumstances that may require financial obligations.
You can download the flyer on this page for a complete checklist of all documentation required for a mortgage approval.
Approval Pitfalls Guide
We believe communication is the key to a smooth mortgage process and we will will hold your hand from pre-qualification through closing.
While there are a number of factors outside of your control that can delay or prevent a home loan from closing, the following list will help you stay on the right path.
- Keep your records in good order
- Keep your financial records close at hand
- Be aware that we need to verify income documents
- Save bank statements
- Apply for new credit
- Change jobs during the process
- Make undocumented bank deposits
- Payoff debt, charge offs of collections without notification
- Hesitate to reach out and ask questions
Basically, while you are in the process of getting a new mortgage, keep your financial status as stable as possible until the loan is funded and recorded.
Any number of minor changes could easily raise a red flag or cause a negative impact on a credit score that may result in a denied loan.
There are a number of reasons to refinance, and our goal is to help you make the best decision possible.
Try the interactive video and calculator below to determine how much you could save refinancing your home loan.
Shawn is very professional with his customers and has handled our mortgage needs along with our friends. Everyone I send to Shawn are pleased with his service.
Shawn Gerhardson has been great to work with and always provides my clients with exceptional service! He is ethical, personable, and reliable and I look forward to referring my clients to him for their real estate finance needs.
Just closed 2 homes with 2 different buyers with Shawn and his hard work didn't go unnoticed. Most people don't know of all the last minute details that need to be addressed to get to the closing table. 2 more satisfied buyers with the help of Shawn.